When viewing data within Partner Management, the data ‘sent’ is the data generated each day and ‘sent’ to the partner’s designated Salesforce hosted delivery location. In some cases, a custom integration has been implemented for select partners and there’s an additional step to 'send' the data from the Salesforce hosted location to the partner via the partner’s API or other destination. This is an additional non-standard step that is not represented in the Partner Management interface.
When viewing a partner that is configured to receive incremental data, you will see the following columns
- Addressable Population: This is the total population that has consented to targeting and any other consent type required for the integration. This population is also limited to the device types supported by the partner. For example, if a partner only accepts cookies, then the portion of the population that is based on mobile ids, hashed email addresses, etc. would be excluded from this population.
- Cumulative is the total population sent over time
- Added is the total population added on the selected date
- Deleted is the total population indicated as delete on the selected date
When reviewing a partner configured to receive full data, it is a complete replacement of the total addressable population each day, so cumulative, added, and deleted columns are not relevant. Full will include only Addressable and Sent columns. The Sent Population will be the Addressable Population excluding any cookies that were not matched with the partner within the user match recency the partner supports.
You may click on the Addressable Population number next to any segment to view more details about the population when viewing the segments sent for any partner.
- Original Total Population: This is the same population you’d see when navigating to Segment Summary screen for the selected segment
- If additional consumer consent is required by the partner other than targeting consent, then the additional consent options will be referenced under the Original Total Population (re-id and / or sharing consent)
- Addressable Population: This is the total population that has consented to targeting and any other consent type required for the integration as referenced above. This population is also limited to the device types supported by the partner. For example, if a partner only accepts cookies, then the portion of the population that is based on mobile ids, hashed email addresses, etc. would be excluded from this population.
- A list of supported device id types. For example, if the total population includes hashed email addresses, but the partner only supports Cookies and MAIDs, then only cookies and MAIDs will be listed with their respective number of devices. This may help compare populations in partner systems that only count a subset of device types, such as cookies.
- Cookies are total cookies and do not represent matched cookies, so the number will decrease based on matched
- Matched Cookies represents the number matched within the supported user match recency. Each partner accepts only recently active cookies and each partner may support a different recency (30, 60, 90 days). User matching is only applied to cookies and is not relevant for other device types.
- First party ids are also grouped within the cookie population and only counted for partners that support a first party id integration directly with you
- MAIDs are mobile IDs and are consistent across systems, so they do not require user matching
- Hashed email addresses (HEMs) do not require user matching with the exception of Marketing Cloud since Marketing Cloud matches HEMs to subscriber ID
- OTT devices do not require user matching
You may review more about How to compare Audience Studio segment populations in Activation Partner systems.