Salesforce DMP customers can now log into the DMP console application using their salesforce user credentials. DMP will be using salesforce as an identity provider. Salesforce Single Sign-On (SSO) allows Salesforce DMP customers:
- A secure and unified access across all your Salesforce applications
- Salesforce provides support for SAML2.0 and integration with other 3rd party identity providers.
- Enhanced session security through Two-Factor Authentication (2FA)
- Improve your org security with salesforce login and password policies
Currently, all DMP customers can log into the console application using their DMP user accounts. DMP customers can now enable their users to log into console using their salesforce user accounts. Please see the list of requirements below before enabling this functionality for your DMP organization
- Password management is through salesforce. Users will be setting/changing their password in the salesforce application.
- All the users in your DMP organization should have a corresponding salesforce user.
- When onboarding a new DMP user, your DMP organization admin is still required to create a new user in the DMP console application.
- Once you have enabled this functionality
- All the existing users in the organization are required to complete a one-time action to link their DMP user account to their Salesforce user account.
- After successful completion of this one-time action, the existing users can no longer continue to use their DMP user account to log into the DMP console application.
- Any new users created in the organization will receive a welcome email to link their Salesforce user account.
- After new users have linked their Salesforce user account, they can only log into the DMP console application using their salesforce user account.
How to enable this feature?
- Please reach out to your DMP Customer Success team to create a zendesk ticket to enable this functionality.
- Work with your customer success team to ensure this functionality has been enabled for your DMP instance.
- The below instructions are required to be completed only by existing users in your DMP instance
- Existing users can log into console using their DMP account credentials.
- Once successfully logged in, navigate to the settings icon in the top right corner and click on My Account.
- All the existing users will be required to complete a one-time action to link their DMP account to their Salesforce account. Click on the “Link my Salesforce Account to DMP” button.
- You will be redirected to login.salesforce.com.
- Continue to log in using your salesforce account credentials. You may be required to enter the custom domain, if your salesforce organization has been configured to use custom domain for login.
- Once you have successfully authenticated using your salesforce account credentials, you will be redirected to console.
- Any new users created in the DMP after enabling this functionality will receive a welcome email asking them to link their Salesforce account to log into DMP console.
- After you have successfully linked your DMP user account to your Salesforce user account, you can now log into the DMP console application using the “Log in using Salesforce” button on the login screen.
- My DMP organization does not have any salesforce user accounts. How do I get started here?
Please reach out to your Salesforce AE or Customer Success Manager for more information.
- My DMP organization just enabled the login with Salesforce functionality. I have not taken the one-time action to link my DMP and Salesforce user accounts. Can I log in using my DMP user account?
Yes, existing users can continue to log in using their DMP user account until they have successfully completed the one-time action to link their DMP and Salesforce user accounts.
- My DMP organization just enabled the login with Salesforce functionality. I have successfully completed the one-time action to link my DMP and Salesforce user accounts. Can I log in using my DMP user account?
No, once successfully linked, you will not be able to log in using your DMP user account.
- My DMP organization just enabled the login with Salesforce functionality. I am providing my salesforce account credentials but am unable to log into the DMP console application.
Please validate the following steps before attempting to log in using your salesforce account credentials
- Contact your DMP organization admin or Salesforce Customer Support team to ensure that your organization has been properly configured to allow log in using Salesforce credentials.
- Navigate to My Account under Settings to validate that your DMP account has been successfully linked to your salesforce account.
- I am using the salesforce login for DMP. How do I change my password?
You can change your password in the salesforce application.
- I have multiple salesforce user accounts. How do I decide which salesforce user account to link with my DMP user account?
We would advise you to work with your DMP/Salesforce organization admin to assist you in identifying the correct salesforce user account.
- I have multiple salesforce user accounts. I think I linked my DMP user account to an incorrect salesforce user account. How do I fix this?
Please reach out to DMP customer support team in this case.