Please note that for site-served placements (1x1), this redirect method can only be applied to one vendor. For example, if you apply Salesforce DMP as the redirect for a site-served placement, you cannot create another redirect for Moat.
! IMPORTANT DO NOT apply the tags below. They are strictly examples and should not be used. You should only implement the tags provided to you directly by your Salesforce DMP account manager.
Example Salesforce DMP Marketer tags:
Static Impression (Image)
Steps for Applying the Salesforce DMP impression pixel as a redirect
- Identify the 1x1 placement for which you will apply the Salesforce DMP impression pixel redirect.
- Apply your click tracker ad
- At this point you have the basic setup in DCM to pull ad tags for purposes of tracking site-served media: a Standard image impression tag, and a click tracker.
Next, set up the Salesforce DMP redirect. In DCM, click the "New" button and select the "Redirect" creative type.
- Name your redirect. Enter the Salesforce DMP static impression tag (highlighted in blue above) in the
Third party URL field. Set the dimension to 1x1.
- Click Save
- Within the DCM UI, click "New". Click "Standard" ad.
- Create a new Standard ad to assign our redirect creative. We recommend naming the Ad the same name as the redirect creative. Update status to "Active". Make sure that start and end dates are accurate. Assign the redirect creative. Assign the placements for which you want the redirect activated against (e.g. other site-served 1x1 placements)
- Click Save. When the Ad window closes, you will see your redirect applied to the 1x1 placements. You're done with the set-up of the redirect.
- QA, Pull the placement's tag as a Standard tag. Run the Standard tag in a browser. Validate that the Salesforce DMP impression pixel fires by using the instructions in our Media Tag Validation Guide article.
If you need any assistance with implementing the Salesforce DMP impression pixel as a redirect for site-served media in DCM don't hesitate to contact your Salesforce DMP Solutions team at firstname.lastname@example.org