Ad Server Integration
Salesforce Audience Studio's Yield Analytics reports allow you to understand and analyze audience segment delivery and yield across all ad impressions, irrespective of whether an ad was targeted to an audience segment or not. The "raw" ad impression delivery information is combined with the user audience segment map managed in Audience Studio to produce these audience segment delivery and yield reports.
Audience Studio requires access to the "raw" ad impression information via ad impression log files. Please refer to your contract and coordinate with your Salesforce Audience Studio Solutions team on how these log files will be accessed for your account.
The ad impression log file contains a record of every impression delivered, and each impression delivery record must contain the Krux User ID of the user who saw the ad. Note that it is not required for every delivery record to contain the Krux User ID; Audience Studio simply ignores the records that don't contain the Krux User ID, but the accuracy of the reports is directly proportional to the number of records that contain the Krux User ID.
The following sections describe the format of the Ad Server Log files that can be ingested by Audience Studio to generate audience segment yield analytics reports for all direct-sold inventory that is managed by your first party ad server.
Ad Server Logs
DFP/DFA "Data Transfer File" Integration and API Access
Contact your DFP/DFA account manager and issue a request for Audience Studio to obtain access to the Data Transfer files described below.
DFP/DFA makes this data available through Google Cloud Storage. For a quick check via a browser, access through a URL like https://console.cloud.google.com/storage/browser/gdfp-####, with access managed by your Google Group. See here for more information.
Data Transfer Files (NetworkImpressions and NetworkClick)
1. Please configure the files to include the following fields:
2. Audience Studio requires API access to pull the following information:
- Campaign and Ad metadata (mapping IDs to Names)
- O&O usage reports for Interchange billing (also a pre-requisite for #3)
- 3rd party billing reports (dependent on #2, need to know which campaigns/ads were targeted to Audience Studio segments)
Since the Data Transfer files only provide IDs, we require the API access to map those IDs to Names. Because DFP has an API that is well documented, we use that to pull the required information described.
To set up API access
- Log into DFP
- Create a new user for
- Check "All Entities" Under "Teams". This user should be associated with both the API and the Google Cloud Storage access for the Data Transfer Files.
- Once Audience Studio has both access to the API and Data Transfer files, we can enable Yield Analytics, O&O reporting and 3rd party billing.
When complete, contact your Audience Studio representative to verify.
Setup Interchange snippet
The Krux user ID (kuid) must be present in the Data Transfer Files to analyze all the audiences the campaigns have reached. This is accomplished by passing the kuid in each ad call on all web pages. Refer to this guide.