Segment Splitting is used to conduct A/B tests for those who want to have a segment split into different size buckets.
NOTE: Please reach out to your account owner for additional details on this feature.
- In the Segments dashboard, click the action wheel of the segment you wish to split. (Note: there is no minimum population threshold in order for Segment Splitting to be applied.)
- Select “Split”
- Click the “+ Add split” button
- Edit the “Split %” field to specify the % of Devices to be included in the 1st split segment.
- Edit the “Segment Name” field to ensure that the % value that you entered is reflected at the end of the segment name.
- To create the 2nd split segment, click the “+Add split” button
- Edit the “Split %” field to specify the % of Devices to be included in the 2nd split segment
- Review the “Segment Name” to ensure that the % value that you entered is reflected at the end of the segment name.
- Continue adding splits until your segment is broken out as needed. Remember, the total of all splits must total 100%.
- When finished, click the “Create Splits” button.
- Check the Segments screen of the UI after 1-2 hours to find the new split segments. All population values will be zero.
- Check the Segments screen 24-48 hours after you created the new split segments to ensure that they processed and should have population values greater than zero.